Why choose us?
- open Saturdays
- unlimited care for £230 / year
- emergency appointments frequently available
- free parking
- 8000 patients since 2001
- close to Monkseaton Metro station
- complex conditions treated: frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, IT Band, plantar fasciitis, …
Active Release Techniques (ART)
ART: You may have never heard of ART, but the top athletes in the world have used ART for decades. ART gives a “good hurt” feeling as a muscle or ligament is held under tension while the tissue is moved from under the contact. ART works on frozen shoulders, stiff necks, tennis elbow, hip pain, repetitive use injuries, neck pain, sciatica, trapped nerves, shin splints, plantar fasciitis, whiplash, shoulder pain, and many more conditions.
Chiropractic: A health care profession focussing on spinal health and the nervous system. Spinal adjustments are delivered with the goal of enhancing the patient’s quality of life and performance.
Movement Screening: A series of movements or exercises which evaluate joint and muscle function over the entire body. Movement flaws and weaknesses are revealed which must be addressed to not only eliminate a patient’s pain, but also prevent its return. If you want to take an active part in getting healthy, screening is for you.
Corrective Exercise: After screening, patients are given specific exercises to address their movement flaws. We recommend core exercises, upper body stability exercises for posture problems, and lower body balance exercises. Research has recently shown core exercises to be more effective than conventional exercises for lower back pain.
Dr. Feeney’s experience:
- Treated over 8000 patients since 1997, worked at Whitley Bay Chiropractic since 2002.
- Most experienced ART provider in Europe, starting in 1996.
- Treated NFL, WWE Wrestling, and English Premier League football, and Olympic athletes from athletics, swimming, and figure skating (5 Gold medalists).
- Seminar instructor on core strength, movement screening, and corrective exercise since 1999.
- Education: BSc in Biology, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, Doctorate in Chiropractic from Palmer Chiropractic College in Iowa, 1997.